Ho Chi Minh City University of Medicine and Pharmacy was founded in 1947 and belonged to the University of Saigon.
The first head office of this school was at 28 Testard/Tran Quy Cap Street, District 3 (now Vo Van Tan Street), it had two floors for offices, library, meeting room for lectures, and three side-by-side houses for studying.
In 1966, the school was moved to Medicine Learning Center on Hong Bang Street, District 5 with well-equipped system, facility and students of Medicine and Dentistry have studied here up to date. It has the Main auditorium for 500 seats, three auditoriums with 300 seats each, library and labs.
Vietnamese architect Ngo Viet Thu has worked with the architects from CRS, Texas to design the university. Trieu Chien – Handhome founder and photographer visited the building and had a part of it taken in photographs to look more into Mr. Thu’s architecture, as well as comprehend his contribution to Vietnamese architecture during 20th century.