Hanoi Radio – Television Broadcasting is a media and communications agency under People’s Committee of Hanoi city. It was established in October 1954, after Hanoi had been taken over by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. At that time, the station was only functioned in loudspeaker broadcast- ing, then in 1977 and 1979 functioned in radio and television broadcasting. In 1980s, the station began broadcasting television programs on Vietnam Television.
Around 1995, the headquarters of station was moved from 26 Hàng Dầu street to 3 & 5 Huỳnh Thúc Kháng street and the independent television channels were officially launched. The modern H-shaped building was stylized from the logo of Hanoi Radio and Television Broadcasting.
After four years of construction of a new broadcasting tower with further coverage in comparison with the old one on Huỳnh Thúc Kháng street, since November 10, 2013 they have made use of a Transmission Technology Centre located in Mễ Trì commune, Từ Liêm district with a 250m-high antenna tower, covering the whole Northern Midland and Delta. In 2017, the old antenna tower of 60m-high was dismantled.
This is one of 36 architecture projects in Ghé 01 architecture book, published by Handhome in September 2018.
Order book to view more photos and other projects at Handhome’s shop: